As a Business Developer at SurePay, you’ll be part of our business development team and report to our Chief Commercial Officer. The aim of your role will be to grow our client base within the UK. We’re ideally looking for someone UK based for this role, with a strong network within the banking and/or payments sector.
Your job at SurePay
We’re on the lookout for results-driven Business Development professionals to join our fast growing team. As a business developer, you will be the face of SurePay UK, educating leads on the products we offer and building effective relationships with potential customers. You’ll utilize your network and connections that you have already built up to engage prospects and inform them about our SurePay products.
We’re scaling up – so your job will be to generate new business, proactively create opportunities, attract new clients and up-sell to existing customers. Building and maintaining solid long-term relationships is second nature to you and you perform your job always with the customer in mind. Keeping up to date with relevant developments and trends within the market is vital, as well as having a clear understanding of the payments landscape. You have the ability to translate complex concepts into easily digestible information when speaking with prospects.
For example, you’ll inform prospects about our existing product (Confirmation of Payee) to banks, corporates and government in the UK.
- 3-5 years of experience in business development or sales
- Affiliation with the banking and payments sector, as well as a strong network
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to have contractual discussions
- Results oriented mindset
- Proactive in creating opportunities
- Proficient in generating business and cross/up selling
- Strong team player who can also work independently
- Ability to work in the dynamic and sometimes hectic start-up environment.
Your main tasks
- Identifying and targeting prospective SurePay customers within the UK region.
- Creating new opportunities for both new and existing customers by conducting outbound pipeline lead generation and qualification.
- Cultivating relationships with stakeholders from targeted institutions by initiating communications and moving opportunities up in the sales funnel.
- Having conversations regarding contracts in conjunction with our legal department.
- Taking responsibility for the whole sales process from lead generation to contract phase and remaining the point of contact thereafter.
- Keeping up to date with trends and developments within the finance and payments sector.
- Researching and communicating with prospects to get an insight into their current situation and pain points.
- Founded in 2016
- ± 95 employees
- 30+ nationalities
- 1 office
- Flat organisation
- (Business) Casual
- Average age: 36
SurePay makes payments easier, more personal and even more secure. We are a fast-growing FinTech SaaS company and have secured our Series A funding in September 2021. SurePay stems from an innovation program of Rabobank, started in July 2016 and has been an independent BV since the beginning of 2020. SurePay is being backed by three leading investors, Rabo Frontier Ventures, Connected Capital and Iris Capital.
As we continue to evolve and grow, we're working hard to scale further in Europe while continuing to build our talented and driven team. Currently, we're working according to agile methodologies with 5 scrum teams and a business team made up of various disciplines.
You might know us from our leading product, the IBAN-Name Check, also known internationally as Confirmation of Payee. It's used by millions of people on a daily basis and is incorporated into payment platforms of banks, corporates and governmental bodies throughout the Netherlands and the UK. We recently also connected to France, meaning we have started providing cross-border checks. We are planning to continue expanding within Europe, bringing our mission of preventing fraud and misdirected payments. Not only are we entering new markets, but also growing our services and product offering through continuous innovation.
SurePay's core values are; We Care, Build Together, Think Forward and Be Responsible. These core values are the driver's of our culture and can be seen as guidelines on our beliefs and behaviour. It defines what we find important as a company and the way we work together everyday.
- We Care: We are a supportive employer and understand that health, family and safety is what really matters. We care about our employees, customers, partners and end-users. Therefore we value creating a safe workspace where everybody can be their authentic self and where we, together, work on the same mission to provide safer payments.
- Build Together: We believe in teamwork and strive towards the best results together with employees and customers. Our diversity, both personal and professional, is one of our key strengths.
- Think Forward: We are frontrunners and are on top of our game. Our customers can rely on innovative solutions to service their current and future needs. With a problem solving mindset, we anticipate challenges and adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Be Responsible: We all contribute to reaching our mission of reducing fraud and misdirected payments, leading to a positive impact on society. We take responsibility, show ownership and make honest decisions.
- UK (Remote)
- Meer informatie